Vintage foiled frames

Hi, it's Amy here again with a scrapbook page using the fantastic foils. For this months designer's challenge I wanted to create a vintage page with photos of some of the men in my family tree. I chose the Dark Blue, Turquoise and Green foils as they fitted with the mens theme and used them to cover die cut frames for my photos (see tutorial below).


The background paper fits perfectly as it has blue, green and brown tones in it so I deliberately chose sepia photos to accent the brown tones. Once I had decided on the photo layout I added some vintage themed embellishments. Finish with some journaling and you have a really nice page. Hope you like it.


Here are some close ups of the detail





To create your own fab foiled frames:

1.  Select 2 sizes of die for the frame and 1 size which is between these 2 in order to cut the photo neatly to fit behind the frame. Die cut the photo.


2. Cover a piece of card slightly larger than the frame size with extra wide double sided tape. Leave the backing on. Place the 2 dies cutting edge down onto the double sided tape and secure with a couple more small pieces of tape. Die cut the frame.


3. Remove your frame and peel the backing off the tape. Carefully place the foil sheet, (shiny side up), over the adhesive and rub gently. Begin to slowly peel away the backing. I found that it helps to have a bone folder to hand and if there are any small sections where the foil has not stuck you can just rub gently with the bone folder to help the process.  



4. Stick your photo behind the frame.

To shop for WOW Fab Foils take a look here

Foils used for my page


To see more of my designs please visit my blog, www.artfullydistressed.blogspot.co.uk

Comments

Post a Comment