Inspired by...Laughter!

Hello!
The theme for this month is 'Inspired By'.... and I've chosen to use a technique shared by Birgit Koopsen many moons ago in Craft Stamper Magazine. I adore this technique, and have used it rather a lot since Birgit first shared it with us! Basically, it's all about 'painting with powder'.....
Every last little bit of colour on this panel is embossing powder...
The background is created by layering lots and lots of colour on top of each other...creating an almost airbrushed effect!
The layers were created with regular powder, and I used ultra high powder (Ebony Black) to create the larger black splat effect.
Once the background is cold, Versamark ink can be sponged through a stencil, and then more powder sprinkled on top. Once melted in, it gives the seamless stencilled look...

I also added my favourite rose as a finishing touch.... Apple Red powder, with red glitter powder added to the mould first before pouring. This gives the glitter top coat finish...
As you all know, I love my paints, and using powder to paint with is just as much fun!
See you soon!
Trish xxx

WOW! products used:
Apple Red powder
Red Glitter powder
Large Rose mould
Flourescent Blue powder
Opaque White powder
Ebony Black powder
Purple Orchid powder
Sunny Yellow powder



Comments

  1. Oh yes, now that is an experiment right up my street! Love playing with embossing powders and this is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Amaaaazing! Trish, you rocked this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment