Heat Embossing + Watercoloring


Hello everyone! Nicole here and today I wanted to share a simple project combining heat embossing and watercoloring on a card. I've been feeling a lot like spring lately so pink, blue, and purple came to my mind when creating today's card.

Elegant and sophisticated look was I was shooting for so I thought the Metallic Silver Super Fine embossing powder would be a perfect choice.


For detailed images like this one, super fine powders do a perfect job in expressing them. I really love using these types of powders from WOW!. After I heat setting the image with I watercolored the image using Acashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pen set. I pre-wet the image with water first and dropped the colors with the pens by simply tapping them onto the image. By doing so, the pigment will mostly stay on the darkest side of the image and the water will fade out the colors itself.


I let the white space do the rest of the work. It helps the colors pop out nicely without much effort. 

Hope you enjoy today's card! Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,

Nicole



Comments