Foils....

Hi Everyone

wow oct15 006.1 
This month at WOW HQ we have asked to give you ideas on foils.
 
You need a laminator for this project as it is one of the alternative methods to use with foils instead of the heat gun.
Firstly I washed some watercolour paints onto a piece of cardstock then dried it off with the heat gun.
 
I then stamped the stars from the new stamp set 'LET IT SNOW' over the paint with Versamark and then sprinkled bonding powder over this.  I then heat set the stars.  This goes transparent.
 
page1
Cut a piece of the green foil strip to cover the stars, and place colour upwards over them.  I then took a piece of wax paper (the type you use for die cutting) and placed this over the card and foil.  I then fed the card through the laminator.
 
Peel everything off the card and you are left with the foiled stars and the wax from the paper has transfered to the background of the card, giving a rippled effect.  I then stamped the 'Merry Christmas' in black archival ink. 
 
I then matted this onto green card, and added a ribbon of string and love heart embelishment.
Have a wonderful month and catch up on all things WOW at
 
Take Care
my signature.2

Comments

  1. Another gorgeous creation! The bond powder and foils are now at the top of my consumables wish list and the Let It Snow and Flights of Fancy are at the top of my stamp wish list! Have loved seeing these gorgeous lush cards with the foiling - thanks for sharing!!! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - your watercolour background looks lovely and your stars gorgeous!!!
    This foiling technique is still on my to-try list, looking forward to giving it a go :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment